It is our goal at Vitruvian Medical to uphold the highest standards for physician recruitment. Through our dedicated staff and detailed process, we assure both our clients and practitioners that we are willing to go the extra mile to exceed your expectations. Our credentialing process models those used by hospitals which stringently adhere to the guidelines and regulations set forth by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). To cite an example, we obtain verifications through primary sources only, and maintain current references on all our practitioners. The following list includes items we verify and obtain during our credentialing process:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- At least 5 years of employment history and hospital affiliations
- Explanations of gaps 6 months or more in history extending from graduate level education
- Education including contacting the ECFMG for all Foreign Medical Graduates
- Copies of diplomas, training certificates, certifications, licensure and a signed release to acquire information on history
- Specialty training through internships, residencies and fellowships programs including teaching appointments
- Texas Standardized Credentialing Application (TSCA) or any other Standardized Credentialing Application which is applicable.
- At least the past 5 years of malpractice insurance carriers, including requesting loss run history reports from the carrier and complete explanations from the practitioner for all claims that are pending or closed
- All active and inactive state licensure and specialty required certifications
- Board Certification
- TB Skin Test Results and/or Chest X-Ray
- At least 3 professional references to contact directly for feedback regarding performance and skill level
- Documentation of the required Continuing Education (CE) credits per specialty
- Documentation of the required Mammography and Breast CE credits for all MQSA certified Radiologists
- Multi-State Criminal Background Screening (includes 7 year county search, sex offender registry, & social security check).
- Photo ID
Vitruvian Medical understands it is our responsibility to follow an effective process that guarantees we are doing what is needed to provide quality patient care and provide proper service to those who work with us.