It is our goal at Vitruvian Medical to uphold the highest standards for healthcare recruitment. Through our dedicated staff and detailed process, we assure both our clients and practitioners that we are willing to go the extra mile to exceed your expectations. Our credentialing process models those used by hospitals that stringently adhere to the guidelines and regulations set forth by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) . To cite an example, we obtain verifications through primary sources only, and maintain current references on all of our practitioners. The following list includes items we verify and obtain during our credentialing process:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- At least 10 years of employment history and hospital affiliations
- Explanations of gaps 6 months or more in history extending from graduate level education
- Education including contacting the ECFMG for all Foreign Medical Graduates
- Copies of diplomas, training certificates, certifications, licensure and a signed release to acquire information on history
- Specialty training through internships, residencies and fellowships programs including teaching appointments
- Texas Standardized Credentialing Application (TSCA) or any other Standardized Credentialing Application which is applicable.
- At least the past 5 years of malpractice insurance carriers, including requesting loss run history reports from the carrier and complete explanations from the practitioner for all claims that are pending or closed
- All active and inactive state licensure and specialty required certifications
- Query through the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG) search for exclusions database
- System for Award Management (SAM) search
- Board Certification
- TB Skin Test Results and/or Chest X-Ray
- At least 3 professional references are contacted directly for feedback regarding performance and skill level
- Documentation of the required Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits per specialty
- Multi-State Criminal Background Screening (includes 7-year county search, sex offender registry, & social security check).
- State or Government issued Photo ID
Vitruvian Medical understands it is our responsibility to follow an effective process that guarantees we are facilitating what is needed in order to provide quality patient care and superior service to those who work with us.